Get involved! Send your photos, video, news & views by texting DEVON NEWS to 80360 or email us
Woman leaps to safety from blaze
A woman has broken her leg as she escaped from a burning house by jumping from an upstairs window.
She was one of three people who escaped from a blaze in King Edward Avenue, Horsforth, Leeds, in the early hours of this morning, West Yorkshire Fire Service said.
A spokesman said three crews were sent to the blaze following reports that people were trapped in the property.
But, on arrival, the firefighters found a man and two women had managed to get out of the semi-detached house without help.
"The two female occupants had jumped to safety from a first-floor window," the spokesman said.
"All the casualties were suffering from smoke inhalation. One of the women had a suspected broken leg."
All three occupants were taken to hospital.
Firefighters entered the house using breathing apparatus and cleared smoke from the property and a neighbouring building using a high-powered fan.