Man treated for burns following chimney fire (January 19)

A MAN has been treated for minor burns following a chimney fire near Crediton.

The Fire Service received a call at around 6.45pm reporting smoke logging inside a property at Godfreys Gardens, Bow.

One fire appliance from North Tawton attended.

A fire service spokesman said: "Fire crews confirmed a chimney fire involving a wood burner within a bungalow.  

"The fire was extinguished using chimney gear, small tools and a thermal image camera to check for hot spots.

"One male occupant was treated by fire crews on scene for a minor burn."

The cause of the fire is believed to be accidental.

click2find

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree