Get involved! Send your photos, video, news & views by texting DEVON NEWS to 80360 or email us
Grant boost for Torbay museums
9:37am Monday 8th October 2012 in Devon
Arts Council England has announced a £141,000 financial boost for museums across the Torbay area.
The funding is part of Arts Council England’s "Renaissance Strategic Support Fund" which aims to help develop museums and realise their potential.
Work will now start on the delivery of a strategy for Torquay Museum, Torre Abbey and Brixham Heritage Museum to ensure that the money is used to secure the long term future of museum provision in the Bay.
Key elements of the project include:
• developing the number of people visiting the museums with a three year programme of exhibitions and events
• investing in energy saving lighting and heating systems at Brixham Museum
• carrying out a consultation with local schools to find out what younger residents would like to see in terms of science education
• developing an outreach programme, particularly for children, young people and tourists. The outreach programme will build on the Bay’s Geopark status
• delivering marketing campaigns.
Comments are closed on this article.