Get involved! Send your photos, video, news & views by texting DEVON NEWS to 80360 or email us
Torbay 2013 secondary school places deadline fast approaching
12:00pm Friday 7th September 2012 in Devon
Torbay Council is now accepting applications for children who are due to start secondary school in September 2013.
The closing date is at the end of next month on Wednesday 31 October. A free comprehensive booklet has been published by the council to give parents all the information they need about the process. TIPS 1, Secondary Admissions 2012/13 is available to download from www.torbay.gov.uk/schooladmissions.
Paper copies are also available in all primary schools and all Connections offices or can be requested by calling Torbay Council's Children's Services on 01803 208908.
Key information about secondary school places:
• Children born between 1 September 2001 and 31 August 2002 will transfer to secondary school in September 2012. Parents who live in Torbay must apply for these secondary school places by 31 October 2012.
• The quickest and easiest way to apply for a school place is online at www.torbay.gov.uk/schooladmissions.
• Applications for school places must be made on the common application form. This needs to be completed even if a registration form for a selective school has also been completed. Torbay residents should apply to Torbay Council even if one or more of the preferences is for schools in Devon. Late applications may not be considered in the initial allocation round.
• Parents will be notified of their child’s allocation on 1 March 2013 after noon if they apply online or by second class post (posted on 1 March) if they complete a paper form.
• All secondary schools have open days during September and October when parents and children can visit. This is an opportunity to look around the schools and talk to staff.
Torbay Council admissions officers can be contacted by calling 01803 208908, email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit your local Connections office. The choice adviser can also provide help and guidance. She can be contacted by telephone on 01803 208239 or by emailing email@example.com.
Comments are closed on this article.