Two treated by ambulance following chip pan fire in Ilfracombe

First published in Devon by

TWO people have been treated for smoke inhalation following a chip pan fire in Ilfracombe this evening (January 19).

Two fire teams from Ilfracombe responded to a call at 6.18pm reporting a kitchen fire at a semi-detached property in Langleigh Park.

The chip pan fire was extinguished by fire crews using four breathing apparatus wearers, one hose reel jet and a thermal image camera to check for hot spots. 

A fire service spokesman said: "An ambulance was requested to attend to tend to one male and one female casualty suffering from smoke inhalation. 

"Fire crews ventilated the property and both casualties were treated by ambulance crews on scene and were not conveyed to hospital.  

"The cause of the fire is believed to be accidental."

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree