NURSES, therapists and social workers who are looking for a new challenge are being invited to a recruitment day in Exeter in August.
The event, organised by the Exeter health and social care team, is also for people interested in working as a healthcare assistant or in other support roles.
The event takes place at The Rougemont hotel from 1pm to 5pm on Wednesday 13 August.
Visitors can drop in to find out more about the wide variety of roles available within the Exeter team, which serves the city’s 140,000-plus residents.
The team provides the following services, mainly in people’s own homes:
• Community nurses who support the city’s 20 GP surgeries
• Community therapists who operate throughout the city, based at Exeter Community Hospital and Mardon Neurological Centre
• Two social care teams who operate from County Hall and Sycamores Resource Centre
• The onward care service based at Royal Devon and Exeter Hospital
• The cluster pharmacy team
• The Acute Community Team (ACT), which provides urgent, short-term support to patients in their own homes
• The new community nursing centre at Exeter Community Hospital, which identifies patients who can receive a variety of services in timed appointments
The Exeter team is part of the Northern Devon Healthcare NHS Trust and Devon County Council.
Event organiser Claire Richards, deputy community services manager in Exeter, said: “Our team brings together a wide range of clinical skills and experience, with the main aim of helping people to stay healthy and independent in their own homes and avoid the need to be admitted to hospital.
“The recruitment day will offer us a great opportunity to showcase the vital and diverse work we do and for potential candidates to find out more.
“We currently have a number of exciting and challenging opportunities for nurses, physiotherapists, occupational therapists and social workers who are passionate about making a difference.
“We are also keen to welcome people interested in working as a healthcare assistant or in other support roles, which can be the ideal launchpad for a career in the NHS.
The Rougemont hotel is in Queen Street, opposite Central Station.
For more information about the jobs available and the Northern Devon Healthcare NHS Trust, visit www.northdevonhealth.nhs.uk.