Three treated for smoke after East Allington bed fire

Three treated for smoke after East Allington bed fire

Three treated for smoke after East Allington bed fire

First published in News
Last updated

Firefighters from Kingsbridge and Salcombe were called out to a report of a bed on fire in a East Allington house just after 8am this morning.

All the occupants had managed to get out of the home and the Kingsbridge crew used a thermal imaging camera to check that the fire was out.

The second appliance from Salcombe helped remove furniture from the property and ensured the property was safe.

A Devon and Somerset fire service spokesman said that crews adminstered oxygen to three occupants who were suffering from smoke inhalation and requested the attendance of an ambulance.

The fire was believed to have been caused by an unattended candle left burning on a bedside table.

Comments

Comments are closed on this article.

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree