Fire service urges chimney checks

Mid Devon Star: Fire service urges chimney checks Fire service urges chimney checks

DEVON and Somerset Fire and Rescue Service have urged people to ensure their chimneys are safe and secure, especially when lighting up fires that haven't been used for a while.

The service said: “Open fires and wood burning stoves are growing in popularity as they not only warm up a home, but create a unique and relaxing ambience within any room. This is all the more reason to ensure they are safe and clean.

“Chimneys need to be dirt free to allow the free passage of dangerous combustion gasses, so regular cleaning will remove soot and creosote, and help prevent dangerous chimney fires.

“Make sure your chimney is swept regularly by a registered chimney sweep.”

Comments

Comments are closed on this article.

click2find

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree